Monday, January 24, 2011

Matrix

I had a bit of an eye opening experience today. It was nothing profound but I just thought it was interesting when Glenn pointed out the scene where Neo becomes aware of the environment around him. We are always so eager to see the scene where somebody gets blown up or where the bad guys gets caught but we rarely look at the deeper meaning in movies. (this is where I go off on a mini-bunny trail) I dont think I do a very good job of that with art either. Art makes so much more sense when we view the deeper meaning and when we use it in the attempt to understand and capture the world around us.

2 comments:

  1. Great Post and I agreed with your post. Whether we are watching movies or reading a book we tend to care more on the conclusion. If we were to care and fully understand each scene then it will have more meaning than just conclusion. And same as the art work, we really need to look deeper and understand what an author is trying to express in his or her works.

    ReplyDelete